Hi, everyone! This month, I decided to be very on top of things and post a Beautiful People post before the last week of the month. What is Beautiful People, you ask? Well, it is a character development link-up run by Cait @ Paper Fury and Sky @ Further Up and Further In. Every month, they release 10 questions which we blogging writers answer for one of our characters. The idea is to get to know your characters better. So, onward!
For the last couple months, I’ve been blogging about characters from my book Windsong, but despite their popularity, I’ve become so fed up with the project that I’m taking a little break and have decided to shift focus to a new project, which I’m keeping mostly under wraps for now, but which goes under the name Circle of Fire. And unlike Windsong, its setting is Earth (although with a fantasy twist, of course). So today, I am going to post about one of the characters from this project: Brandon Silverman.
- How did you come up with this character?–When I was working out the main group’s roles, I decided I needed a pilot and a veteran popped into my head. His name was originally Conor, but then I found I had too many guys with similar-sounding names, and he became Brandon.
- Have they ever been starving? Why? And what did they eat to break the fast?–Hmm, tough one. I don’t believe he has. He may have been very hungry while on duty in Iraq, if a supply shipment was delayed, though. I’ll have to think about this one. . . .
- Do they have a talent or skill that they’re proud of?–Flying. Brandon loves to fly; it’s his passion. He’s also quite smart and proud of his math skills (he has a degree in physics).
- List 3 things that would make them lose their temper.–Lists! I love lists. Let’s think. He gets upset when people try to manipulate him, so there’s one. Second would be antiwar protesters; he feels they don’t appreciate the sacrifices he and other veterans have made. And third, when someone snipes at him for no reason, he’s not likely to take it well.
- What is their favourite type of weather? Least favorite?–Favorite: sunny and calm; good weather for flying. Least favorite: thunderstorms. They cause turbulence and set him on edge.
- What is their Hogwarts house and/or MBTI personality?–He is an INTJ and probably a Gryffindor.
- Are they more likely to worry about present problems, or freak out about the unknown future?–Present problems; he takes a “first things first” approach, although he also plans ahead.
- What is their favourite thing to drink?–Beer (very occasionally) or chocolate milk.
- What is their favourite color? Least favorite?–His favorite is probably orange; least favorite, probably hot pink.
- What is a book that changed their life?–Good question. Probably any Terylian book that he read, which made him realize there really was another world out there. (Although that seems like a bad answer, but I really haven’t thought about this one. . . .)
Well, that’s Brandon! Happy September, everyone!
Did you do Beautiful People this month? Are you going to? Put your link in the comments if you have! Are you working on a new project, or taking a break from an older one? Tell me in the comments!